Last updated January 15, 2024
Copyright PolicyOur website is committed to the preservation and dissemination of historical information and materials. We believe that access to this information is crucial for educational, research, and cultural purposes.
Fair Use DoctrineWe operate under the principles of 'Fair Use' as stipulated in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act. This doctrine allows the reproduction of copyrighted materials for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use, the factors to be considered shall include:
- The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- The nature of the copyrighted work;
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Content UsageAll content on this website is either:
- Owned by us,
- Used with permission from the copyright owner, or
- Used under the principles of Fair Use.
Historical Preservation and Fair UseOur use of copyrighted materials for historical preservation aligns with the principles of Fair Use. By providing access to historical materials, we aim to advance knowledge, promote understanding, and contribute to the cultural heritage of our society.
Reporting Copyright InfringementsIf you are a copyright owner and believe that any content on our website infringes upon your copyrights, please contact us with the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, outside of fair use guidelines
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website,
- Your contact information.
Changes to This PolicyWe may update our Copyright Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Copyright Policy on this page. This policy was last updated on January 15, 2024.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.